Alibag is a coastal town and a municipal council in Raigad District of Maharashtra. It is the headquarters of the Raigad district and is south of the city of Mumbai.Alibag and its surrounding villages are the historic hinterland of Bene Israeli Jews. A Bene Israelite named Ali used to live there at that time. He was a rich man and owned many plantations of mangoes and coconuts in his gardens. Hence the locals used to call the place "Alichi Bagh".
Mahad Ganpati - Mahad Ganpati Temple or Varad Vinayak, also spelt as Varadavinayaka, is one of the Ashtavinayak temples of the Hindu deity Ganesha. The temple is very simply designed with a tiled roof, a dome 25 feet high with golden pinnacle and a golden summit (Kalas) which has a carving of a cobra (also a deity revered by Hindus). The Temple is 8 feet long & 8 feet broad.
Pen is a town and taluka in Raigad district, famous for world class Ganesh idols.
Kashid Beach village in Murud taluka on the shores of the Arabian Sea.
Murud Janjira Fort is situated on an oval-shaped rock off the Arabian Sea coast near the port city of Murud. Janjira is considered one of the strongest marine forts in India.
Nagaon beach is popular mainly because of its cleanliness, water sport activities. The beach is around 3 km long.
Revdanda Beach & Fort is located at the mouth of the Kundalika River.
Korlai Fort was built on an island (Morro de Chaul) which guards the way to the Revdanda Creek. The apex of the fort is 2828ft long and has a width of 89ft approximately. The walls are five and a half feet long and are equipped with as many as 305 artillery units. It has a total of 11 gates, of which 4 are located externally whereas 7 can be accessed from within the fort. It has 7 bastions, each of them named after a noble Saint. In the premises of the fort lay the ruins of a church which was built in 1630 and functioned up to 1728.
Ballareshwar Ashtavinayak Mandir (Pali) is one of the eight temples of Lord Ganesha. The temple contains a bell that was brought back by Chimaji Appa after his defeat of the Portuguese in Vasai and Sasti.